The City of Edinburgh Council has been operating its welcome hub from Gogarburn House as part of an arrangement with NatWest. These arrangements came to an end on 31 May and a new welcome hub started operating on 1 June.
The City of Edinburgh Council has confirmed the new location for the welcome hub will be the Vega Building at South Gyle. Like Gogarburn, this location benefits from excellent travel links and proximity to Edinburgh Airport.
A map showing the new location is below:
Image from Google copyright Getmapping plc, Infoterra Ltd and Bluesky Maxar Technologies, The Geoinformation Group, Map data 2023
• The Welcome Hub is in the Gyle Park area of Edinburgh:
Vega Building, Clocktower Estate, Flassches Yard, South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh EH12 9LB.
• The Clocktower Estate is located off South Gyle Crescent.
• From the airport take the exit to the Gyle Shopping Centre on the Gogar roundabout. Continue on South Gyle Broadway through the two large roundabouts. At the third large roundabout take the third exit onto South Gyle Crescent. Flassches Yard is first left. Continue on Flassches Yard. Vega Building is the last building on the left-hand side.
2. Getting there by public transport
• Nearest bus stops are the Bankhead Drive stops on South Gyle Access (two minutes’ walk away). Lothian bus services stopping at these stops are 12, 22, 21 and 400 Skylink (airport bus).
Tram and train
• The nearest trams stop is Bankhead, five minutes’ walk. Edinburgh Park station, with rail and tram services, is approximately 16 minutes’ walk.
Information about arriving in Scotland and Welcome Hubs can be found in Scotland for Ukrainians: a guide for displaced people – gov.scot (www.gov.scot) in the Arrivals section.